The club conducts field trips for members. We research the collecting sites and often have advance scouting trips where specialists in the Club travel to mineral locations to check and refresh. Trips will be posted on the events calendar and are only available to WMC members. Attendees must follow the Code of Ethics below and comply with the rules laid out by the field trip leader. Advance registration is required.
The members' area includes planned field trips in the Member Events.
Code of Ethics for Rockhounds
Printed below is the Code of Ethics adopted by CCFMS to which all its members are expected to abide by:
- I will respect both private and public property and will do no collecting on privately owned land without the owner's permission.
- I will keep informed on all laws, regulations or rules governing collecting on public lands and will observe them.
- I will, to the best of my ability, ascertain the boundary lines of property on which I plan to collect.
- I will use no firearms or blasting material in collecting areas.
- I will cause no willful damage to property of any kind - fences, signs, buildings etc.
- I will leave all gates as found.
- I will build fires in designated or safe places only, and will be certain they are completely extinguished before leaving the area.
- I will discard no burning material - matches, cigarettes, etc.
- I will fill all excavation holes which may be dangerous to livestock. I will not contaminate wells, creeks or other water supply.
- I will cause no willful damage to collecting material, and will take home only what I can reasonably use.
- I will leave all collecting areas devoid of litter, regardless of how found.
- I will co-operate with field trip leaders, and those designated in authority in all collecting areas.
- I will report to my Club or Federation Officers, or other proper authorities, any deposit of material on public lands which should be protected for the enjoyment of future generations for public educational and scientific purposes.
- I will appreciate and protect our heritage of natural resources.
- I will observe the "Golden Rule" and will use "Good Outdoor Manners" and will at all times conduct myself in a manner which will add to the stature and "Public Image" of rockhounds everywhere.